- 1 Installation Guide for AMP WordPress Plugin
- 2 How to Install AMP WordPress Plugin
- 3 How to Validate AMP WordPress Sites
Installation Guide for AMP WordPress Plugin
How to install amp wordpress? The AMP WordPress plugin is very important to increase mobile page speed and server performance. Based on Google research results, more than 50% of search queries worldwide are carried out via mobile devices.
For this reason, the loading speed of your WordPress site must be prioritized. To manage site speed, you can install the AMP WordPress plugin.To manage site speed, you can install the AMP WordPress plugin. Installation Guide for AMP WordPress Plugin
Before discussing more about How to Install the AMP WordPress Plugin, you need to know what AMP is as follows.
Understanding AMP WordPress Plugin
Google AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open-source library that you can use to make web page versions faster and smoother on mobile devices. AMP is easy to use and can be installed on platforms and frameworks that are already well managed. Even more cool, Google AMP is fully compatible with WordPress.
How to Install AMP WordPress Plugin
To activate AMP WordPress, you need 2 plugin options. Before moving on to the next process, we recommend making a backup of the site first.
Option 1 : Use the AMP Plugin for WordPress
- Open Plugins> Add New in the WordPress dashboard.
- Type AMP WordPress in the search field.
- Look for the AMP plugin for WordPress.
- After that, install and activate the plugin.
- Open the new tab Appearance> AMP in the dashboard.
- Select the Design tab on the AMP customizer page.
- On this page, you can manage the AMP display of WordPress and review the changes made before activating them on the site. You can set site text, links, and background colors. In addition, you can also choose a dark color scheme (for example black or white) on the site.
- If you are sure of the changes made, click Publish at the top of the screen.
You can also adjust the appearance of posts and pages on AMP WordPress.
- Enter the WordPress dashboard
- Choose AMP WordPress > General
- Check the box under Post Type Supper to enter the various options that you want to display on AMP WordPress.
- After that, click Save Changes.
Also read : How to Custom Blogspot Domains Through Cpanel
To add lots of customization options, you can use several WordPress AMP plugins such as Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP to integrate the Yoast SEO plugin into the AMP setup.
- Open Plugins> Add New,
- Then install
- Activate the Yoast SEO plugin
- After that, open SEO> AMP via the dashboard. Determine whether you want to enable AMP in posts and media or not
- Click Save Changes. You can also configure additional settings on the Design tab.
- In that tab, create an icon for the WordPress AMP site, set the color scheme, and add custom CSS
Option 2 : Install AMP Plugin for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP WORDPRESS)
To use this AMP WordPress Plugin, there are a number of steps that you need to do are:
- Enter the dashboard
- Choose Plugins> Add New
- Look for AMP for WP
- Then install and download the plugin.
- Open a new AMP tab on the WordPress dashboard. You will see a drop-down menu with sections for Settings, Design, Extensions, etc.
- Click Save Changes for each of the settings above as soon as you finish the configuration.
- Select the Design tab: This is where you can usually customize the appearance of the WordPress AMP site.
- Choose a dedicated AMP theme from the various themes listed in the Theme Selector drop-down menu.
- After selecting the desired theme, manage the appearance according to your wishes. Header display options, color schemes and typography, footers, main homepage sidebar options, and others are in the design settings (which are loaded on the Global tab). Meanwhile in the Social section, you can choose any social media to display the WordPress AMP site.
- If you are sure of any changes and settings made, click the save option.
- To see a preview / preview of the WordPress AMP site, open Appearance> AMP:
Premium version for the AMP wordpress page
The free version of AMP for WP offers a variety of features. However, to get a better look and features, you can upgrade to premium services. With this premium service, you can use star rating (this option is perfect for reviewing or selling products or real-estate profiles), integrating with AMP WooCommerce Pro, using custom post types, and others:
also read : How to Install a DMCA Badge on Valid AMP Blogger
You have to pay to get the premium AMP theme. To see these options, reopen Design> Themes in the dashboard. There are many options available for certain types of websites, such as news sites, online magazines, and many more. In addition, there are also several multipurpose themes.
If you want more premium features, select Pro plans. This service provides a variety of packages to choose from, from the Personal package (for one site starting at $ 149 per year) to the Agency package (for unlimited sites for $ 499 per year).
How to Validate AMP WordPress Sites
After learning how to activate the WordPress AMP plugin, the next step is to validate the WordPress AMP, make sure it is accessible, and connect to platforms that support it. Validation is also a practical way to detect AMP errors.
The fastest and easiest way to validate AMP WordPress is to use a browser developer tool. Open the AMP page in the browser (For example, we use Google Chrome). After that, add this at the end of the page URL:
Open the browser developer tool console. For Google Chrome, the tool is the Chrome DevTools console. If an error is detected, it will be marked in red. You will also see an analysis of the cause of the error.
Generally, validation errors are caused by invalid prefixes, incorrect formatting and code entry, and / or unneeded tags. In most cases, options to resolve this error will be displayed and can be read by you.
Article Conclusion – AMP Installation Guide For WordPress
A very good relationship between website speed, page views, and SEO ranking on AMP can help your website achieve a high ranking on search engine pages. If you want to be able to build AMP pages quickly, you can use plugins to help you. This AMP WordPress plugin is perfect for websites that contain a lot of articles on their websites, such as news portal websites and online shopping stores because AMP’s capabilities really help make website content loads loaded via mobile phones lighter.
What’s more, setting up AMP WordPress plugin configuration is very easy, just like when you use the Accelerated Mobile Pages WordPress plugin. Similarly, some information about the complete AMP WordPress is accompanied by a complete guide to the installation of the WordPress AMP plugin. Hopefully this article will broaden your horizons and help you install the AMP WordPress plugin. Good luck.